Jan 12, 2007

I'm leaving on a jet plane

Or more appropriately, I left on a jet plane. I flew back to NYC on Monday, and am now recovering, in the comfort of my apartment, from an astonishingly busy 2-1/2 week visit to Des Moines. All in all, it was a good visit, filled with lots of presents, laughter, and great food (such as the 20 different kinds of desserts at one family gathering....).

Now that I'm back in New York, I have made a couple of very pleasant discoveries. For one thing, there appear to be no more mice in my apartment. Finally. It's always stressful going into my kitchen, since I'm always on guard in case there are mice or droppings. But so far since I've been back, and while I've been away, I am very happy to report that there is no evidence of mice. Yet.

The second thing is that I have finally been able to check my grades. None of them are what I expected they would be. Which is probably a good thing: A+ in orchestra, A+ in Style Criticism (which, if I may remind you, was almost entirely my final exam), A+ in Contempo, and A in my lessons.

No comments: