Feb 13, 2007

I bless the rains down in Africa

...and I curse the snow that is coming to New York. Ah well, we've gone most of the season without the dreaded stuff, so I suppose we're more than overdue for some accumulation. Apparently the blizzard-like conditions down in Brooklyn a few weeks ago didn't count for anything.

The past few weeks have been quite busy, but have not been without some happy discoveries. For example, I had an errand in the Village two weeks ago, at which time I discovered a fantastic bakery called Rocco's which makes yummy delights such as these:

I am happy to report that both the sospiro, at left, and the chocolate mousse cake, at right, surpassed my wildest expectations.
Now, why isn't there a fantastic bakery like Rocco's in Brooklyn?
On a more thoughtful note, it occurred to me over the weekend that exactly a year ago, I was at the first of my graduate auditions. I'm so glad that it is all over and done with, because I definitely wouldn't want to do it all over again. Interestingly enough, there was snow involved in all three audition weekends...... kind of like how it's snowing right now.
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
"I bless the rains down in Africa"- lyrics from Africa, by Toto



No comments: